Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Giggles and Knocks

I live in South Bend Indiana. Two years ago, I rented a small apartment, which would have been in April 2007. Shortly after moving in, I was relaxing after a hard day at work. From the corner of my living room I heard the sounds of a little girl giggling. About a month later, I was in my kitchen and bumped into someone. It felt like a real person. A few days later, I heard three loud knocks, then again a few minutes later.

I have two cats, who are not afraid of this ghost. They both will meow at the corner where my bed sits. I have watched both cats act as if someone is petting them, but there is nothing there. The cats' plastic balls will roll into the living room by themselves.

I was talking to a friend about this and she right away told me that she used to work for a brokerage firm that handled the sale of this apartment house. After she took pictures of the house, her boss noticed a little girl standing between the inside door and the screen door. That apartment at that time was vacant.

I would like to believe this is the little girl who plays with my cats. The house is about 125 years old, so I'm sure that whatever is here has made this its home. I have never been afraid to live here and never been afraid of ghosts. I find them fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment