Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Out of Body Adventures

This one happened when I was about 14 years old. I was living on the island of Trinidad in the Caribbean. My mom had passed away some months before on the 29th of April, 1993. So I'm not sure why I started doing what I did, but the experience has had a profound impact on my life.

I started meditating, or rather I used to practice meditating. I had had no previous experience in this area, and had never seen anyone practicing, so I was quite surprised that I seemed to grasp it so easily. Anyway, when I would meditate I'd hear my voice in my head directing me as to what to do. As the months passed, by I noticed changes in myself. Like one time I knelt down to pray and had my eyes closed and I could see my hands in front of my eyes as if my eyes were open!

A couple of days later I had an out-of-body experience. I was beginning to fall asleep when all of a sudden I felt myself floating up to the ceiling. I looked down and there I was on the bed, lying down asleep. It freaked me out, but I was more excited than freaked out.

As time went by, I started having more out-of-body experiences. It would happen as soon as I lay down to sleep. Sometimes I'd float up far and fast in the sky. One time I was looking over the Earth and I saw these bright lights of all colours coming up from the Earth and travelling throughout space. As I started getting the hang of it, I stopped floating up into space. I'd just walk around my apartment, or if I was thinking of a place or someone I'd instantly be there in my astral form.

One time I ended up in a bird it was a very terrifying experience because I could see the sky below me and the sea. The view from the bird's eyes was a bit unnerving for me. I started freaking out when I realised I was in a bird, and then I started to fall to earth, which freaked me out even more, because I couldn't control my descent and I was descending rapidly, then suddenly I was back in my own body.

So I started trying to control my meditation by meditating longer, and that's when the real fun began. My senses got heightened. I could pick out distinct smells, of people and things, like I could tell when my grandfather was on his way home: I could pick up his scent from about three blocks away. I could see clearer too, and when I looked at green grass I felt like running naked through it, or just lying down in it, but I never did.

One day in particular I was at my friend's house and I just started telling him all the stuff that he did that day, from the time he got out of bed, what he ate for breakfast, what he was thinking and such. It freaked him out -- and me too. So then I stopped, because things were getting a bit out of control. But from time to time I do pick up people's thoughts like what they're thinking....

No comments:

Post a Comment